Sunday, May 11, 2014

mother's day

i have always known that i want to be a mother.  i used to take care of my cousin when i was only 10yrs old.  her mom left for HK to work and she was left under our care one whole summer.  it was a joy having her in the house!

when i started working, nieces and nephews came one by one.  i pampered them by taking care of them on weekends and i bought them lots of stuff.  i brought them to malls for shopping sprees every christmas.  i love them all and they love me back.  they even call me mommy!

i have the mother instinct eversince the world began :)  it's true for my younger brothers also.  when our eldest brother passed away, i took the responsibility of ensuring that they will have a good life.

at work, my boss calls me mother hen.  he would often rely on me when handling people issues.  he trusted me with difficult decisions and discussions with our staff.  the most difficult one was telling one team member that she has to leave (with a package) because the priorities of the organization have changed!  the 1.5hrs with her have been the longest discussion i ever had in my entire career life.  there were buckets of tears and i tried to hold my own during that time.  she was a friend to me (same with all the rest of my team) so it's even harder to deal with.  good thing she understood that it was not my own decision but that of the company and we remained friends.  i don't want to be the bearer of bad news!  but my boss trusts me enough
for it because of the relationship i have with my team...

so...  having all that maternal instincts, i knew i was ready to become a mom since 30yrs old!  and i can't be happier when God blessed me with an amazing daughter when i turned 32!

life has been wonderful everyday since then!!!  xia made me the bestest person that i can be.  while most thought that i am quite an achiever and go-getter, i would drop everything for my xialove!

i knew then how big my heart is for loving and caring for family, nieces and nephews, godkids, friends and workmates but it seemed to have elongated a million times over when xia came...

no amount of words can explain my love for my dear xia...  and i am celebrating mother's day because this is the most important day of my life next to her birthday...

thank you xia for making my ultimate dream of becoming a mom come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment